Quantitative Researcher - Alpha Generation
$200k - $400k
Evolve is working with a leading buy-side firm with multi $bn AUM. They are a systematic trading team dedicated to building a machine-driven investment pipeline that can tackle problems of scale far beyond the reach of traditional investment approaches.
Successful candidates should be capable of developing novel techniques, building unique insights, and engineering robust systems that will be used in our trading strategies. The ideal candidate brings a combination of strong technical skills, a passion for creative problem solving, and an intense and wide-ranging curiosity about financial market behavior.
- Create a scientific approach to develop quantitative investment models
- Develop automated investment models based on internally reviewed research projects
- Develop unique insights into various datasets
- Use mathematical tools to analyze and optimize monetization of forecasts
- Quantitatively measure and control the risk of a portfolio of instruments
- Apply scientific methods to improve the efficiency of a research and trading pipeline
- Masters or doctorate degree in a quantitative discipline, such as statistics, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, computer science.
- Experience using sophisticated mathematical tools.
- Experience analyzing real-world problems and large amounts of empirical data with a scientific approach.
- Capable of pursuing the application of machine learning and advanced statistical techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially on technical subjects
- Curiosity-driven mindset with an ability to explore uncharted territory
- Highly motivated and willing to take ownership of work
- Strong Python.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.