Data Scientist - Quantitative Investing
EvolveAI are helping build a world class systematic data platform which will power the next generation of systematic portfolio engines.
The systematic data group is looking for a Data Scientist to join a growing team. The team consists of content specialists, data scientists, analysts and engineers who are responsible for discovering, maintaining and analyzing sources of alpha for portfolio managers.
This is an opportunity for individuals who are passionate about quantitative investing. The role builds on individual’s knowledge and skills in four key areas of quantitative investing: data, statistics, technology and financial markets.
- Research potential alpha sources, and present to portfolio managers and quantitative analysts
- Utilize and maintain world-class data processing and transformation engines
- Build technology tools to acquire and tag datasets
- Engage with vendors and brokers to understand characteristics of datasets
- Interact with portfolio managers and quantitative analysts to understand their use cases and recommend datasets to help maximize their profitability
- Analyze datasets to generate key descriptive statistics
- Ph.D. or Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics or other field requiring quantitative analysis
- 3 + years of financial industry experience preferred
- Programming expertise in Python, C++, Java or C#
- Programming skills in SQL, PL-SQL or T-SQL
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills