Business Development Director Data & Analytics
£110-£130k plus £40-£50k bonus
Excellent benefits package.
An exciting opportunity for a driven, high potential individual to help develop new business opportunities in one of the UKs fastest growing tech services companies. This is a new business sales role in the Data Practice and includes defining and executing the go-to-market strategy for data services.
You must be able to demonstrate a successful track record of consultative selling of Data, Big Data or other related enterprise level solutions in a Professional Services envoironment.
- Help develop the ‘go-to-market’ strategy for Data & Analytics offerings and take responsibility for all sales & marketing related activities within the Data Practice.
- Manage and take ownership of the Data sales pipeline, qualifying and prioritising opportunities that will deliver Data & Analytics sales against target.
- Be an individual sales contributor for Data & Analytics. Manage and reporting on progress against agreed financial targets including sales and pipeline development.
- Develop strong partnerships, particularly with AWS and Microsoft.
- Collaborate with existing business development and account teams to sell Data & Analytics services to customers and prospects. Contribute to key account planning sessions to ensure data offerings are well promoted and positioned for success.
- The right person will be passionate about using data and analytics to solve customer challenges, who is a self-starter and is success driven.
- Have 5+ years proven success in new business software services sales, having taken accountability for delivering against financial targets.
- Be proficient at consultant-led selling, capable of engaging with senior customers and prospects to understand business problems. They will understand the data & analytics technology landscape and be able to communicate this to senior customers.
- Have experience developing new business offerings.
- Be customer success focused, with proven ability to help customers deliver value from technology.
- Have a solid understanding of data technology trends and their potential impact on current & future projects.
- Be a team player, able to collaborate well with other sales, Data subject matter experts and engineers.
- Have a proven track record of delivering against targets (quarterly and annually).
- Have demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation, including executive and C-level.
- Have excellent negotiation skills, both from a commercial and contract perspective as well as a proven ability to resolve escalations and diffuse issues.
- Have excellent networking skills and an ability to generate meetings with new prospects.
- Have excellent writing and presentation skills – especially the ability to articulate a complex proposition in a concise, clear and compelling way