EvolveAI has been retained by a leading institutional investor to help build its Quantitative Research team based in New York. Our client is looking for a talented Quant Researcher who is well versed in Alternative Data to conduct innovative quantamental research by working with the equity analyst teams.
- Combine quantitative processes with fundamental insights to identify industry key performance indicators, develop sector-specific signals, build conviction on a call, predict stock returns, and track company-specific risks etc.
- Develop, backtest, and implement statistics/machine learning models to test the efficacy of sector data; Explore, and evaluate alternative data to gain insights into new alpha
- Help build out and expand our data and quant framework. Develop tools to load, process, clean, query, analyze data, and work closely with the technology team to ensure data quality and manage data process
- Actively source new ideas and collaborate with other research teams; Partner closely with sales/marketing, providing quant proof statements to both internal and external clients
- Advanced degree in quantitative field such as statistics, computer science, engineering, mathematics or finance, PhD preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in statistics/econometrics modeling, proficiency working with a large dataset, machine learning, data mining, and numerical methods
- Strong programming skills including Python, C/C++, R, and scripting languages
- Experience working with database, web-scraping, or dealing with alternative data a major plus
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills; able to decompose complex problems into manageable pieces
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to present quant solutions clearly to both internal and external clients