Intelligent Automation Business Development Director
£110k-£130k plus bonus
Our client is a high-growth IT services company providing digital technology solutions and agile software development to enterprise customers. Across their 30-year history, they have worked on transformational projects across government, NHS and a myriad of private sector clients. With the rapidly growing market for Intelligent Automation services, they are investing in this area in order to scale their IA practice through compelling offerings which complement the other digital services, data, cloud migrate and modernise and AI/ML offerings.
This business development role is a strategic role in the IA practice, reporting to the IA Practice Director and will:
- Help develop the ‘go-to-market’ strategy for Intelligent Automation and RPA offerings and take responsibility for all sales & marketing related activities within the IA Practice.
- Manage and take ownership of the IA sales pipeline, qualifying and prioritising opportunities that will deliver Intelligent Automation and RPA sales against target.
- You will prioritise new business opportunities (particularly in the commercial sector, Finance, Insurance, Energy etc).
- Be an individual sales contributor for Intelligent Automation. Manage and reporting on progress against agreed financial targets including sales and pipeline development.
- Develop strong partnerships, particularly with UiPath, AWS and Microsoft.
- Collaborate with existing business development and account teams to sell Intelligent Automation services to customers and prospects.
- Contribute to key account planning sessions to ensure IA offerings are well promoted and positioned for success
The right person will be passionate about using Intelligent Automation and RPA to solve customer challenges, who is a self-starter and is success driven.
- Have 5+ years proven success in new business software services sales, having taken accountability for delivering against financial targets.
- Be proficient at consultant-led selling, capable of engaging with senior customers and prospects to understand business problems. They will understand the intelligent automation technology landscape and be able to communicate this to senior customers.
- Have a solid understanding of intelligent automation technology trends and their potential impact on current & future projects.
- Have significant experience in articulating the benefits of intelligent automation technologies to customers, assisting customers understand how IA can be used in their organisation and how IA can be used to enable and deliver benefit.
- Be customer success focused, with proven ability to help customers deliver value from technology.
- Be a team player, able to collaborate well with other sales, intelligent automation subject matter experts and engineers.
- Be highly knowledgeable of the sales process and deal commercials including constructing complex commercial offers.
- Have a proven track record of delivering against targets (quarterly and annually).
- Have demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation, including executive and C-level.
- Have excellent negotiation skills, both from a commercial and contract perspective as well as a proven ability to resolve escalations and diffuse issues.
- Have excellent networking skills and an ability to generate meetings with new prospects.
- Have excellent writing and presentation skills – especially the ability to articulate a complex proposition in a concise, clear and compelling way